Thursday, February 17, 2011

Layout for MME Blog Challenge #20

Hello, again!

This is for the LAYOUT challenge over at My Mind's Eye Blog challenge #20.

The sketch given is shown below with the theme "Love everything about _____:"



 Here's my layout:

Made the circle element into a sun and framed the photos in a "house" with a garden.  Punched the sun rays from the Be Loved PP (same PP as the circle) and inked the edges yellow.  Lightly misted the base paper with glimmer mist but the photo doesn't show it well.  Maybe i sprayed too lightly :)  So, here is my take on the sketch.

Title: Your Laughter is Priceless



and here's a close up of the title area:


Here 's a close-up of my first-ever fussy cuts and very short journaling.

These are the pop-dotted flowers on the side. My first fussy cuts ever! :)

Here's the photo part:

The photos show my two boys, well, laughing :) To me these moments are very precious and i just couldn't get enough of the sound of their laughter, much more so when they are laughing together - the utter delight, so innocent and yet so very genuine.

-----
Materials used:
Base paper from My Mind's Eye Meadowlark;
all patterned papers from My Mind's Eye Bloom&Grow, Be Loved, Good Day Sunshine;
"LAUGHTER" and "PRICELESS" alphas from My Mind's Eye Laundry Line Rub-ons;
bling from Fine and Dandy True Blue Bling;
other alphas from Cosmo Cricket's Tiny Type;
Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels
-----

Would have liked to have alpha stickers available, but couldn't find any here.  Or maybe i don't know yet where to look :)  I could only find the rub-ons at Scraplicious in Parkway Parade.

Let me know what you think.  Would really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Thank you very much for looking!

3 comments:

Jaime Lee said...

Mayol, I notice you are a scrapperholic! (lol). I love your enthusiastic in taking part in a lot of challenges. Keep it up! Love your layout and the artistic idea you have there :D

Mayol said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement! And yes, i've become addicted already to scrapping, LOL! Lots of things yet to learn so am thinking it's good practice when joining the challenges :) Thanks for visiting, Jaime!

Amber said...

Thank you for both of your beautiful entries!