Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Simple Door Hangers

Hi, folks!

Been busy these past few days, foregoing sleep most nights, just to finish these very simple door hangers or wall hangers for my eldest's birthday celebration in class, to be included in the goodie bag.  Had to make 19 pieces! That's 10 for girls and 10 for boys (made one for my son, too).  I stuck to one template, though.  Wanted to have them all unique, but there hadn't been enough time.  Would like to share with you how they look like:

These are for the girls.  One of the flowers per tag is actually pop-dotted.  Oh, i should've taken some close-up shots, even just for remembrance :)  Papers are from Echo Park's Little Girl collection.  The  punched flowers are made of plain cardstock and layered on top of the other, with liquid pearls at the center.  I just love AC's Chitchat puffy alphas! Very cute! And Paper Market's Alpha Bites are adorable! (not to mention, puffy too!) I love puffies!!! (ok, too many exclamation points there.)


 And these are for the boys, with an outer space theme.  Papers are from TPC Studio "Rockts+Rayguns Outerspace" collection and the cut-outs are from Reminisce's "Space Buddies."  The blue rockets are made from plain cardstock, and traced from the one on the "Dash" tag below. I've stenciled in the circles for the rocket windows, too.  I also like very much these AC Thickers "Sweet" (i would've thought they'd be named something masculine, though; but "Sweet?") chipboard alphas.  Had to run to the store because i ran out of a single letter. Yes, i needed just one letter to complete a name. Had to "rummage" just to find them :)  One of the tags uses the puffy chitchat alphas but i switched to the chipboard ones when i found out (too late, i couldn't peel them off anymore) there wouldn't be enough for the whole set. 


And there you have it.  Will be non-scrapping for a couple of days to get my energy back (and catch up on some sleep). 

-----Happy birthday to my eldest qulelet!!! Love you very mucho!-----

To my dear readers:  Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

Jaime Lee said...

Wow...lovely door hanger! I want one too! Haha...Great job mummy!! I am sure the kids will love it!

Mayol said...

Thanks, Jaime! :) ...But if i give a door hanger to you, it must be super special and super-beautifully made! I'll be practicing some more for the time being :) Thanks again!

Elite Housewares said...

You picked up a different thing and then combined it together. This concept is really great , would love to try out on my birthday too.

Hangers