Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Card for My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge #21

Hi, dear readers!

This is for Card Challenge #21 over at the My Mind's Eye blog.  The sketch is as follows:
I love MME's sketches!  Am a newbie at cardmaking and scrapbooking, but i find great inspiration from their sketches.  More importantly, they give me a chance to create something...very nice (for cards)  ...and (for scrapbooking) a chance to document moments in my wee life in a manner that is very pleasing to the eye (or my eye, at least; heehee!).

This is my second time to join the MME challenge.  Quite frankly, after the winners were announced for the previous challenge, i can't wait to see the what the next sketch is.  Am always visiting their blog. Daily. Ok, like several times a day :)

So here's my li'l ol' card:


The papers are from the Stella & Rose Hattie collection, from a 6x6 pad.  The 12x12 version of these papers are so gorgeous and has very nice texture!  When i was at my LSS, i didn't know which collection to get first.  I actually wanted them all (but the wallet couldn't quite agree harhar!), so i opted for the Hattie pad, thinking the colors would be great for my two boys.  The patterns are very nice!  The card looks a bit masculine, with respect to the color combo, but the doily patterns somehow take that effect off a bit.

Some close-ups.  Here's a view from the side.  I love the effect of these doily patterns on top of the other :)

Another view of the front.  The big circle, big doily, small doily all pop-dotted on top of each other.  I wanted to put tiny blings on the centers of the middle doily line, but ran out of MME blings with the color i wanted :) but am pleased how it turned out :)

Material list:
Patterned papers:  MME Stella & Rose Hattie Collection (6x6 pad);
Bling: MME Fine and Dandy True Blue bling
Sentiment stamp:  Inkadinkado
Card base: Bazill cardstock

Would like to know what you think.  Suggestions are most welcome  :)

Thanks for looking!

-Mayol




No comments: