Saturday, April 16, 2011

Some Get-Well-Soon cards...

Had been making a number of cards, lately, aside from the few challenges i enter. 

Made these ones for my aunt (Dad's sister) over in Berlin, Germany who's having therapy on her knee and is spending some time in the hospital.  Made 3 cards for her, one each that'd be coming from my Mom&Dad, my sister and my own small family.

Got the inspiration (ok, card-lift) for this first one from the LiveWithPrima ustream site.  I love the pleated part at the bottom! :)


(Materials:  Card base and sentiment - kraft cardstock; patterned papers - Prima Madeline collection; flower - Prima)


This second one also has been card-lifted from Prima's tutorial.   Have learned so much stuff from watching that video.


(Materials:  Card base and sentiment - kraft cardstock; patterned papers - Prima Madeline collection; flower - Prima; stamp - Inkadinkado; twine)


This third card is going to be mainly from my boys, hence the robots theme going on here.  The papers seem a bit dizzying, don't you think? LOL!!!  Well, my boys must have constantly gotten me dizzy that day i was making this card LOL!!!  Hope my aunt wouldn't get a headache by looking at this one :)


(Materials:  Card base - kraft cardstock; patterned papers - Crate Paper, My Mind's Eye; stamp - imaginisce; alpha stickers - Cosmo Cricket)

Thanks for visiting!

-Mayol




2 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving me your thoughts on BCC questions. I'm curious how you achieve the scallops pleats on your first card.

Mayol said...

Thanks for visiting, Sandy! I'm so thrilled you visited! :) The bottom part is made of 2 strips of pleated papers, made a bit damp/wet before pleating, for easy manipulating of the paper, i guess. Learned about this at this Prima link: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13543957
Thanks again!