Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Mind's Eye Layout Challenge #23

Hello again!

This one is for My Mind's Eye Layout Challenge 23.  Sketch and details can be found *HERE.*

This LO is about and for my family.  Pictured here are my Mom and my 2 sisters.  Our Dad was in Manila at the time.  I almost "inserted" a pic of him, but decided will just make another LO for him, solo :)  I've used purples and browns in this one, two of my favorite colors, but never as yet used, until now.  Another first for me is making a "floral" or "girly" layout like this one.

Title:  Always There


i just love this brown patterned paper (from MME Quite Contrary Little Miss Muffet line), and it's nice that it's got the same hues as the photo!   Used the Lime Twist purple twine for butterfly paths.  If you notice, i placed the twine on the edge of the brown paper to extend the white dotted lines on it towards the purple and blue papers (both from MME Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky line).  i wanted to give it a feel of continuity between the butterlies and the flowers.  i hope it made that effect :)

Here are some close-ups:

All the rolled flowers are made from MME patterned papers.  Also, do you notice where i've tucked in  my journaling?  :)  The butterfly on the journaling spot is just perfect for the curve on the brown Quite Contrary PP.  What's more, the color just nicely matches the purples in the LO, although i've to sponge the middle of the spot with Distress Ink, just so it wouldn't be too white :)

Materials:
All patterned papers, embellishments (bling, twine), journaling spot are from the following MME collections:  Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky, Quite Contrary Little Miss Muffet, Lush, So Sophie Living Proof, Bohemia Bella.  Other items used:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Tim Holtz Distress Stickles, American Crafts Thickers, Glossy Accents, Beacon's.

Hope you like this one.  i would be thrilled if you could share your feedback.

Thanks so much for visiting!



No comments: