Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge #24 - Layout

Hello once again!

Here's a layout for the My Mind's Eye Layout Challenge.  The sketch and details can be found *HERE* and this month's theme is Song Lyrics

Lovely sketch and i enjoyed making the layout :)

The pictures are of my sons completing this HUGE 4D puzzles - on their own!  Man, i can't even memorize one solution to this puzzle (i need to remember at least one, for tidying up purposes hehe!).  Anyway, i am so proud of them!  They really surprise me, they do!  The first time we opened the box and put everything out, my eldest son (he's 5) scattered all the pieces on the floor and put together this monster of a puzzle in less than 2 minutes!!!  My jaw really dropped! I thought, "What the ????????"  and then my heart just swelled with pride!

With my youngest son (34 months), it took a while, i think within 2 weeks, before he could put it together.  Surprised me a lot, too!  Because it seemed like he just wanted to look at the puzzle pieces and nothing more.  And then he began to put some pieces on the base and one day completely surprised me!  Our dear helper told me he'd been practicing for some days already :)

Anyway, very sorry for the blabber of a proud mama :) Here's the layout.

Title:  True Colors (sung by Cyndi Lauper)



And here are some close ups:

Have Stickle-d around the title, some of the die-cuts, the big hot air balloon, and the photo mat.

The "true colors" alphas were cut from the Fly A Kite "Everyday" Alpha paper and glued onto the transparency frame.

On the front of the big hot air balloon (i love this die-cut and so do my sons - i've to wait for them to finish playing with it before i could use it LOL!), i've printed on tracing paper the part of this song which means so much to me.  I would've used transparency but my printer doesn't get along with it :)

Inside the big hot air balloon is the journaling.  I've made a card from tracing this shape and glued the die cut on the front flap.  The card is closed by magnetic paper (on bottom left photo: covered by the orange paper strips inside the flaps - the bottom has hearts and the top one is blank). 
Song credit is on the bottom corner and reads: "True Colors sung by Cyndi Lauper, 1986."

Journaling reads  "Our dearest Dashiell & Braedenn.  You are special.  Always believe in yourselves.  If you doubt yourselves or when nothing seems to feel right, always remember that the good Lord is looking after you.  He gave you such wonderful talents, use them wisely and for good. Mommy & Daddy love you, whatever happens. 17 June 2011."

Materials - All papers and embellishments are from My Mind's Eye. 
Papers:  Lime Twist - Fly A Kite, Out of the Blue; Where the Heart Is Glitter stack.
Embellishments:  Stickers - Out of the Blue "Family" Accessories Sheet, Fly a Kite "Genuine" Alphabet; transparency frame - Savvy "Anything For You" frame; brads - Stella and Rose Mabel "Love;" die-cut - Out of the Blue "Family" Balloon.
Others - EK Success pop dots, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Distress Ink, glue.

Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments: