Friday, July 22, 2011

Layout for MWL's #5 Challenge

Hi, everyone!  Am back!  :)  My apologies for my absence - been busy in an impromptu kind of way.  Went for a holiday/visit on impromptu with the family; my eldest had to skip school for a week too :)

Back to the topic at hand...this one  is for Made With Love's Challenge #5 (already concluded).  It called for:
"1) SET at least 6 manufacturer brands on a 12" x 12" layout. You gotta "use up" something for it to be counted so mists, inks and paints are counted but punches are not.
2) SCRAP the word "HAPPY" somewhere in your title"


Here it is.

Title:  A Happy Visit


This is about our above-mentioned visit to my parent's house and this is on the last day.  My son would be celebrating his birthday the next day so we had a mini cake-candle-blowing ceremony :)

I've incorporated a grid in this one, thinking i can place more embellishments than i usually do (and thus use up some of the stash heehee!) if there are smaller blocks in the layout and i don't have to think really hard of the element placement if it is just one continuous layout.  But that's just me - most of the time i overthink about placements :) 

Oh, for the grid, i traced the Dusty Attic 8x8 frame; made it really easy for me, no measuring done.  Hah! :)

Here are some close-ups:


My "consumeables" are the following:
1. Bazzill - cardstock;
2. Crate Paper - PP;
3. October Afternoon - PP;
4. American Crafts - PP;
5. Bella Blvd - PP;
6. Maya Road - chipboards, wooden peg, trinkets (birds, butterflies, heart);
7. Pink Paislee - rub-on;
8. 7Gypsies - stickers;
9. My Mind's Eye - bling;
10. Webster's Pages - alphas;
11. Pebbles - buttons;
12. Ranger - Perfect Pearls, Distress Ink, Stickles, Distress Stickles, Embossing Ink;
13. Tsukineko - ink pad;
14. Helmar - glue;
15. Studio Calico - baker's twine
16.  Lace from my hometown


Let me know what you think :)

Thanks for visiting! 

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: