Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Cards: Another Set Using No Patterned Paper

Today, am posting cards which i made using only cardstock and stamps and everything else but patterned paper :) 

Have stamped the pine boughs at the side, then adhered Labels 17 die-cut.  On Mat Stack 1 die-cut, have stamped music sheet image, then layered the pine boughs ones.  Adhered this on top of the red cardstock.  Layered two cuts from Limitless Layers and stamped with Versamark Dazzle the Christmas tree, and then the sleigh with Memento.  Adhered this to side of Mat Stack 1. Stamped the sentiment on top and added berries to the boughs image.
Supply list:  cardstocks; stamps - Papertrey Ink Bells & Boughs, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas, Tim Holtz; dies - PTI (Mat Stack 1, Limitless Layers 1.75"), Spellbinders Labels 17; ink - Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Memento.

This is the inside of the card.

Similar card to above, but with addition of background white cardstock strip and the bow on the pine boughs.
Supply list: cardstocks; stamps - Papertrey Ink (Bells & Boughs, Star of Wonder),  Tim Holtz; dies - PTI (Mat Stack 1, Bells and Boughs, Limitless Layers 1.75"), Spellbinders Labels 17; ink - Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Memento.

Used the Wonderful Words: Holiday die here.  It's one of my favorites! :)  It's actually adhered with pop-dots. A bit fiddly, but worth it. Have scored the cream cardstock for a bit of texture.
Supply list: cardstocks; corrugated paper; stamps - Papertrey Ink (Bells & Boughs, Wonderful Words: Holiday); dies - PTI (Mat Stack 1, Wonderful Words: Holiday), Spellbinders Labels 17; ink - Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Memento, bling - Prima.


Used Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder on kraft cardstock.  Followed Debbie Olson's card in this POST.  Had been attracted by the lovely simplicity of her card.
Supply list: cardstocks; stamps - Papertrey Ink (Bells & Boughs, Christmas Blessings); dies - PTI (Bells & Boughs; ink - Memento, Brilliance; Ranger Stickles.

I love how this flower - poinsettia it's supposed to be :) - turned out.  Used Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die - 3 layers of red and 1 of green (my attempt for leaves), and layered them with pop-dots after stamping them with music sheet images.  Glued a button threaded with twine on it.  This has been one of my experiments to make a poinsettia and found one on the net using this die.  I did not use it immediately, this is one of the last cards i made.  I didn't want it to just spend the holidays unattached :) so i  had to stick it on somewhere.  Found a card by Dawn McVey on this POST, and so, here it is on a skinny card :)
Supply list: cardstocks; corrugated paper; stamps - Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words: Holiday; dies - PTI (Tag Sale #5, Wonderful Words: Holiday), Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Florals; ink - Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Memento; button; twine.


I enjoyed experimenting making these cards and am pretty pleased how all of these turned out.  I think am going to try more with doing background stamping and see how that goes. (Erm, but that won't be for until next year, though :) ).  With the PTI cards (both from the DT and the forum members) that i've seen, stamped backgrounds will give the patterned papers a run for their money.

Well, this would be my last Christmas cards post.  I hope you've enjoyed them as much as i did making them.

Thank you so much for leaving your sweet comments.  I really appreciate you taking time to do that.  Much grateful!

Happy Holidays!

-Mayol

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Good job on the cards. You were very creative to do without patterned paper. For me, I love to buy patterned paper, but have to challenge myself to use it! I guess I am a hoarder. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog.

carol (krillsister) said...

These cards are so pretty. I understand why they are your favorite ones. I love how you stamped the backgrounds. The sheet music looks awesome. Love how you stamped the pine bough. Great inside too..

Ingrid Danvers said...

Beautiful cards, Mayol. I really like the way you mixed & matched the various stamp sets. Great job!

Jen Adcock said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards. You really have brought Boughs & Bells to life. Thanks to you I am going to order this set. Get ready Christmas 2012! Hee Hee. Very inspiring indeed!