Sunday, December 4, 2011

Gratitude Journal: Orange-themed

Hi, dear readers!  It's another Gratitude Journal post today, and it's orange-themed!

My sister asked me to make some journals for her to give as gifts and told me the color preferences of her recipients.  Orange is one of them.  This is the second time i made a Gratitude Journal, and the page layouts are almost the same as my first one.  There are several reasons for this:  (1) I have to make for her 3 gratitude journals; (2) my time-allotment is limited since i've to clear my working area very soon then (i "hijack" my DH's workspace when it's vacant, heehee!); and (3) it's nearing the end of my time-frame for crafts as i need to focus on our December trip.  All these reasons make me don't want to think much anymore, in terms of embellishments.  My objective remained the same - to make the pages easy to write on, without the hindrance of embellies.

This journal is bigger than my first one in this POST.  I used a wider letter envelope, cut it to size and covered it with patterned paper.  Of course, i used Papertrey Ink's Gratitude Journal stamp set for the sentiments, plus Studio Calico's Mini Month's set.  Journal Tab dies are also PTI.

Here are the photos:










 Some of the inserts.  The patterned papers are from a 6x6 pad and are single sided.  On the blank side, i've stamped with SC's Confetti, plus PTI's Gratitude Journal sentiment, journal lines, and border. 


Supply list:  White envelope; patterned paper - Prima Ruby Violet; stamps - Papertrey Ink, Studio Calico; dies - PTI (Journal Tabs, Banner Builder, Limitless Layers 1.75"); punch - EK Success; inks - Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink, VersaColor; adhesives - Helmar; Ranger Stickles; bling - Kaisercraft, Prima;


Thank you so much for dropping by!

Have a wonderful week ahead!

-Mayol

5 comments:

Kristin said...

This is so good!

BethieJ said...

WOW this is FANTASTIC!! Such a GREAT journal! They are going to love them!!
Happy Holidays!! Have a GREAT day!

Suzie said...

Another amazing creation, Mayol! I'm envious of how much you have been able to get accomplished! :) Beautiful work! :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty. That orange color looks great. Your sister is one lucky gal. I hope she appreciayes what you are doing for her.

Joyce said...

This is really fabulous. Your sister is one lucky gal. I hope she lists you first in her gratitude journal.