Monday, December 12, 2011

Gratitude Journal: Pink-themed

Would be sharing my last Gratitude Journal for the year.  This is the third one made at my sister's request (to be given as gifts for her friends).  Today, the journal is in pink.

I am not a pink kind of girl, although i like how the color just gives a happy feeling to a layout or card, plus it just naturally makes it "lovely" and "soft" (unless it's the neon kind :) ).  This has actually been a bit of a challenge for me.  To make it easier, i just pulled out all the pink patterned papers i could find in my stash (6x6 pads).  I didn't even really bother to check whether they coordinate or not;  i just wanted to use them :)  This journal has more embellies than the previous ones (THIS and THIS), upon request.






From top left (clockwise): the spare pages for each month; behind the last page before the next month (stamped the background with SC-Hero Arts houndstooth and PTI Gratitude Journal); small envelope tucked in every after 3 months; another small envelope.

Supply list:  patterned papers - My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey, Prima, Crate Paper, BoBunny (all 6x6 pads); stamps - PTI Gratitude Journal, Studio Calico, Hero Arts; dies - PTI; punch - Martha Stewart, EK Success; ink - Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Versafine; bling - Doodlebug, Prima, Kaisercraft; adhesives - Helmar, American Crafts; trinkets - Maya Road; twine - Doodlebug; silhouette badge; Ranger Stickles; Zutter Bind-It-All.

Hope you enjoyed the Gratitude Journals :)

Thank you very much!

-Mayol

3 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so beautiful. I know what you mean about pink. My oldest daughter loves it and my youngest daughter won't touch it with a 10 foot pole (makes hand me down's a challenge). But you have done a lovely job with this journal. I hope your sister appreciates you!

carol (krillsister) said...

This journal is my favorite. I love that cover with all the different embellishments. Those paattern papers are so pretty (swoon)

Jen Adcock said...

Wow! What a beautiful keepsake. You have put so much loveliness into your journal it is hard to know where to start. So just know I am so in awe of this masterpiece. Divine!