Monday, January 30, 2012

Another Layout for PWP Sketch #5

Hello, lovely readers!  Here's another layout using Pages with Papertrey Sketch #5 by Leigh Penner.

This LO is about my son's love for penguin stuffed toys.  HERE is the first page i made about it; at that time, he only has 1 penguin doll which he named Pingu (after the JimJam show character).  Now he has more :)

Title:  Penguin Pals



Some close-ups:


Description of close-ups:

Top photo: 
Have used a Simple Circle die-cut in between the two rows of photos and just adhered and stamped some penguins :)

Bottom Left:
Have used the Tag Sale #3 die cuts for the journaling.  Can you see the stamped penguin in the cluster? :)

Bottom Right:
Have pop-dotted the penguins and the flags (from Banner Builder die) on the title.  There are actually toothpicks behind the flags and i could have made them higher so they could have been more visible.  This was a miscalculation on my part - i worked upward from the rows of penguins.  I should've adhered the word "penguin" first after the rows, and the last should've been the flags.  Lesson learned :)

I admit the colors are not great :)  When i think of it now why i chose the colors, it comes down to me wanting to use up some papers that i don't normally use.  It's one of those projects that ended with something very different from the original plan hahaha!  Still, i get to document something that's part of my boy's life and that's what's important :)

Supplies:  Cardstock - AC; patterned papers - My Mind's Eye (Abbey Road, Six by Six Blink of an Eye, Believe); stamps - Papertrey Ink Winter Penguin;  dies - Papertrey Ink (Winter Penguin, Tag Sale #3, Banner Builder, Block Alphabet, Simple Circles); punch - Martha Stewart; ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Memento London Fog; adhesives - AC This and That, Helmar, Zig; badges, pearls.

Thank you for visiting!

-Mayol

7 comments:

Nadine said...

What a cutie! Loved how you used Tag Sale #3 for your journaling. The layout is fantastic…what a great way to document the memories!

Tricia said...

Aww, this is so cute. What a great page.

carol (krillsister) said...

What a fantastic layout. Love your use of the penguin stamp & the circle border die. Love the pennant in your title.
I do like these colors.I think they complement each other well.
Darling pictures of your son!!

Leigh said...

This is so cute, Mayol! I love how you used the sketch and added all those adorable penguins!

Joyce said...

What a sweet scrapbook page. I love all those penguins. I actually recognize some of the stuffies!

Deb said...

Can I say that I am a little jealous that you managed another fantastic lo for this month's sketch challenge? Yep, so fabulous! I adore all of the penguin elements you were able to incorporate into the page. And of course, I love to see all of that PTI goodness on a lo as well. I love the colors, btw. Shades of orange and blue are my favorite.

SamSam said...

the penguins are soooo cute!