Monday, January 9, 2012

Card for Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #47

Happy New Year, dear bloggers!  How have your holidays been?

Have been busy a bit since my last post:  have gone back home with my little family for the Christmas season.  When we got back it was to prepare for the New Year celebrations and also to prepare our youngest son who's to be in his first year in pre-school.  All i can say is we are thankful that his elder brother is already there in school and so the younger one took only a short while to adjust.  Big sigh :)

But on to today's post.  This is my first time to participate in PTI's MIM, although i've watched their videos for quite a while now.  My son (5yo) watches it with me.  A little story while i was putting my card together.  He walked over to me, looked at what i am doing and asked, "Mommy, is that for Papertrey Make It Monday?" LOL! i was so surprised! I guess he figured it was Sunday night and he kind of put things together, the next day being Monday, so... Then he asked if he could view again the MIM videos.  And so, when i was almost done with my card, i let him (and his curious little brother) to play with my stamp and ink.  I guess they were watching me do stuff before, because they tap-tap-tap the stamp on the ink pad and didn't like to just press the stamp heavily on the pad :)

Here's the card.  This is for Papertrey Ink's "Make It Monday #47: A la Carte" and i chose to do "Make It Monday #43: Ribbon Pleating."

Supplies:  Bazzill cardstock; Prima patterned papers; Papertrey Ink die (Bloom Builders 3) and stamp (Flower Fusion #11); Carolina's ribbon; Ranger Liquid Pearls; Basic Grey brad; TH Distress Ink and Versafine inks.

 
I would've wanted to do some more cards with the other techniques, but i decided to have the little guys settled first in school before i can take care of "my stuff."  Hopefully i can participate in the coming challenges too.

Thanks for taking time to drop by! 

Here's wishing you the best blessings in 2012!

-Mayol

1 comment:

Scrappin4kim said...

Love your card, so soft and pretty!! Good luck with school and Happy 2012 to you too!