Thursday, January 19, 2012

For One-Layer Wednesday 75

Hello out there!

Today, am joining for the first time in this week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge, which i've just very recently discovered. A couple of days ago :)

Before i came up with my entry, i had difficulty stamping a clear image and had to try several times.  I've just inked up (finally!) some Pink Paislee stamps i got last year.  I tried stamping first on scrap paper bits before i stamped on my card base.  Unfortunately, i couldn't get a crisp image.  Have used Ranger TH Distress Ink Aged Mahogany, which is the color i initially wanted with this masculine card.  I think i need to "prime" myself some more into the stamping groove LOL!  I've learned, though, that with doing a one-layer card, i could not easily "hide" my mistakes, as opposed to a multi-layered card where i could patch up what i don't want seen.  Unless, i guess, i could color over it (i don't color well).  Oh, the (exciting) things i need to learn! Would love to experiment (if i had more time) a lot of techniques.

Long story short, i switched inks for this card to Memento.  Here's my newbie attempt:


Have kept to a single-color ink, but maybe next time, i would stamp the sentiment with a different color.  Wanted to try several inks on several cardstocks and ended up doing 3 more cards.  Pleasant!


Here's the sentiment inside, same ink used as the front:

Supply list:  Cardstocks - Bazzill, AC; stamps - Pink Paislee (Daily Junque), Papertrey Ink (Birthday Basics); ink - Memento (Blue Danube, London Fog). 

Thank you again for visiting!

-Mayol

5 comments:

Joyce said...

This is a great one layer card. I've recently started with this challenge, and it's eveolved into one of my faves.

Chris said...

What a pretty image! It works very well for a one layer card. (which I struggle with, too. For the same reasons...)

Leigh said...

What a great stamped image-- I love how you designed this! Great job!

Marybeth said...

Wonderful one layer card. Sometimes hard to get just right , but you nailed it. Very nice stamping.

Susan Raihala said...

Welcome to the OLW challenges!!!! Your first entry ever is wonderful...can't wait to see what you make in the future! The images and layout work beautifully, and I love the multiple colors you experimented with. Plus, you used a pen image, which makes my writerly heart skip and dance!