Wednesday, March 14, 2012

For Pages with Papertrey Challenge 6

Hi, everyone!  Am posting a simple layout today for Leigh's February Pages with Papertrey Challenge 6.  I know, it's March already, haha! That's the good thing about her challenges - there's no due date; you can do them anytime.

The sketch is from Heather Landry's Sketch 11. (Do check out her blog as her scrapbook pages are awesome!)  I had been drawn to the hexagons, yes!  Instead of hexagon die cuts (of which i don't have), i used the biggest hexagon image (for the first time too! yaaay!) from PTI's Rosie Posie set.

**Oh, and speaking of Heather Landry, i've been fortunate to have been among her featured layouts (for using one of her sketches) in her Reader's Pages post HERE.  Am so tickled! :) (Big smile here!)

Ok, back to regular programming...

Title:  Look-Alikes


The photo is of my husband and my eldest son taken while we were at the eye clinic (for my son's eye check-up).  At the time, i took this just to have a picture of them.  After transferring the files to the computer, i was pleasantly surprised having caught their expressions and their body positions - so  much alike! Magic moment! :)

Creating the page, I was actually stumped after stamping the hexagons, on embellishment placement, and what kind of embellishment to use (ended up using rosettes).  Maybe my brain at that time didn't like to think too much haha!  Plus, i had difficulty with the colors.  (Here's my little scheme right now - i have several SC kits i've yet to fully use, so what i do is just blindly grab a bag and work with what's inside.  Yep, like a mini-challenge haha!)  The scrapbook pages i have done so far are mostly of boys, or masculine-themed, and one would think i would've gotten the hang of color combination by now for these pages. Well, it still stumps me!  It seems everytime i am choosing colors, something pulls me back and says "that's too girly" or "it's too soft."  I know, i know, a lot of scrappers there do not think twice putting some pinks in there and end up with gorgeous pages.  Ah, i still have a lot to learn.  But as always, the main thing is to document the memory.

Supply list:  Papers and embellishments - Studio Calico Handmade kit; stamp, ink - Papertrey Ink; brads, die cut, sticker - My Mind's Eye; brown brad from stash; adhesive - Helmar, Glossy Accents, AC This to That.

4 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Great layout. Love the rosettes. You did an awesome job with the layout with the hexagons.

Leigh said...

Oh, this is so fabulous, Mayol! I am going to scraplift this layout-- I LOVE how you used the Rosie Posie hexagons!
Thanks for sharing the link to the sketch site (I'm bookmarking that!) and congrats on being featured!

Heather Landry said...

I LOVE the stamped hexagons! This page is totally awesome and very inspiring. The rosettes look great too! Thanks so much for using my sketch, and for linking me!!

Cassi said...

wonderful page, the photo is perfect!