Thursday, March 1, 2012

For Pages with Papertrey Challenge #7

Hi out there!  Hope your week has been going well. 

Today's page is years overdue! Haha! The photos are taken 2 years ago, on my eldest's first day of school.  My youngest son has started his first day of school this January.  Yep, took me years to make a page haha!

I've realized for sometime now that i couldn't scrap pages chronologically, as much as i want to.  I always take lots of photos of everyday life and of course, big events like birthdays and holidays.  However, there's the question of time - time to do these pages.  I think a lot of us are in this situation, what with daily life going on around us. And so, i've accepted the fact that i won't be able to scrap most of the photos i have (even printing them out takes time (i print my own), considering they have to be cropped or editted if need be). I don't Photoshop our photos as i haven't gotten around to learning it, and i just either crop them or adjust the brightness/focus. Am not so much a fan of pages with photos with bright blue eyes or super red lips popping out of the page that you just know they've been editted.  But i don't really know much about blue eyes either, having grown up and lived amongst black and brown eyes only :)

Wait, what was i talking about?...Oh, right, chronological scrapbooking...So, yes, am stuck with creating pages which i believe i can finish in the shortest time i am capable of (yes, am willing to lose sleep just to do some crafting, too haha!), until that time that my boys are themselves capable of tending to their needs, without calling "Mommy!" every. single. moment.  Oh, but who doesn't love being needed, right? :)

So, ok, here it is.  The long-overdue page :) 

Am also joining Leigh's Pages with Papertrey Challenge #7 ("which is to use a PTI sentiment stamp on your layout.") with this layout.  I was actually about to post this layout when Leigh released her Challenge #7 post.

Title:  First of Our First


 Some close-ups:
Have stamped images and sentiments from PTI Boy Basics: Out of This World (at the rocket die-cut on top ("3-2-1 Blast Off" - i wonder if that would count for the challenge?) and the bottom of the page, below the pocket envelope ("To Infinity and Beyond").  The journalling (what transpired on that day) is in the pocket.  Have used Cosmo Cricket stickers for some messages to my boy.

Edited to add: The sketch is from Heather Landry *HERE*.

Supply list:  Papers and embellishments - Studio Calico Paper Moon and Country Fair kits; stamps, die - Papertrey Ink; badges - October Afternoon; stickers - Cosmo Cricket; ink - Ranger TH Distress Ink, Versacraft; adhesives - Helmar, AC This to That.

Thank you for stopping by!

Mayol

6 comments:

Leigh said...

This is fabulous, Mayol! I love tha papers you used and your design! And, of course, the stamped sentiments you added...
I don't scrapbook chronologically, although I do store my layouts in albums that way. I like the freedom of choosing which photos I want to scrap and try to not worry that they all won't be scrapbooked one day. After all, one day the kids will leave home for university and then I'll have lots of time on my hands, right? ;)
Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow! Your layout is gorgeous. Love the colors and the pattern papers. My favorite part is the envelope with STUFF; so cute.

Leah said...

Oh my! This is SO wonderful :) The colors and your accents and all the fun details...great page!

Deb said...

This is fabulous! I love all of your little details! The journaling is great!

Kay said...

What an adorable layout!
I'm in love with that rocket; is that stamped on fabric? LOVE!!!

Heather Landry said...

I absolutely love your page! Thanks for letting me know that you used my sketch. Would it be okay if I posted it on my blog with a link back to yours? I love to show pages that people made from my sketches. Let me know!

=0)
Heather