Sunday, May 20, 2012

Another LO for Pages with Papertrey Challenge 8


Hello, everyone!  Hope your weekend has gone well.  Weather is ok here, bright and sunny one moment, then showers the next, then bright and sunny again, and so on :)

Posting today for my second layout for Leigh's Pages with Papertrey Challenge 8 - to use ribbons on the page.  I managed to put more ribbons on this layout than on my first :)  This page has long been due but i only recently finished it after weeks of leaving it alone, waiting for my journalling and the final touches.

The sketch is from Got Sketch 140.

Title:  Fun {pretend} Ride in the Jeepney




This page is about my boys and their cousins (on their Dad's side) in a (play) jeepney in the Manila Ocean Park.  In the Philippines, the jeepney is the most common mode of public transportation.  I started and finished my schooling riding jeepneys, and continued to do so through my working days. Should you happen to visit, you must try it at least once (but with utmost caution with your belongings, and only if you dare to be in cramped, squeezed-in spaces).  It might be hair-raising, though haha! For us who grew up there, it's a part of life.  For my boys who were born and are being raised here in Singapore (where there are no such transpo), riding the jeepney is a treat and an adventure everytime we visit Manila.

Thank you for taking time to visit!

-Mayol

Supply list:  Papers and embellishments from Studio Calico County Fair and Shooting Gallery kits; stamps (Labels Basics, Super Stars, Tag-Its #12, Tiny Tags), dies (Banner Builder, Super Stars border), ribbon, buttons - Papertrey Ink; EK Success scallop and square punch; Spellbinders Small Pinking Circles; ink - Memento; Zig pen; Ranger TH Distress Stickles.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

What a great take on that sketch, Mayol! I love the fun colours and that banner below your fabulous title is wonderful!

BethieJ said...

Your LO is WONDERFUL! GREAT photos, and it was very interesting ready about the Jeeepney I have never heard of that before!!
Have a GREAT day!

craftmates said...

Love this layout Mayol! Makes me miss the Philppines :). Love how you used the banners and the great color combination! - irma

Sherrie M. said...

Love the banner and the effect of all the white space. Another great page Mayol! I'll be going on my first jeepney next Feb when I go to the Philippines for the first time since I was two!