Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BPC NSD 2012 Creative Crop Challenge 2

Hello out there!
Posting today about a page i did for Challenge #2 during the Big Picture Classes National Scrapbooking Day 2012 Creative Crop (whew!).

The challenge, hosted by Ali Edwards, was to use a photo from years ago and another photo from this year and then to tell a story about them. 

Here's my page:

Title:  Then & Now



Sketch used is from PageMaps June 2011.

The photos were from October 2008 (my baby had been just 3 months old then) and from January 2012.  How time flies! It seems like we were just carrying them in our arms, and now we can't keep them in our arms as they try to break free so they can jump and run around, without a care in the world.  Ah, childhood! :)

 Due to the different timezones, i started doing this page at 3AM when everyone is asleep.  I had to stop, though, because apart from me getting sleepy, die cutting at 3AM makes a sound equivalent to an explosion! LOL!  i had to press the plates together as i roll them to keep the noise to a minimum, but  my old plates kept making the cracking sound.  So i just continued it the following morning.


Thank you for dropping by today!
-Mayol


Supply list: Papers and embellishments from Studio Calico Country Fair and Shooting Gallery kits; Lily Bee 6x6 Handmade;  stamps - Papertrey Ink; dies - PTI, My Favorite Things, Spellbinders; ink - PTI; adhesives - Helmar, foam tape; ZIG pen.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Super scrapbook page. I love all the little embellies.

Kim said...

What a beautiful page! I love the pictures then and now and the tape measure, is just the perfect touch to your page.

Sherrie M. said...

Great page! Love the mix of patterned papers you choose.
I'm Filipino too.....

Leigh said...

This is beautiful, Mayol! I love how you added the little badges!
And I agree, I can't "not stamp" on my layouts anymore either! :)
(Oh, and as per your comment in my blog about RDJ... I was thinking it was Tony Stark, but when I read your comment, I started giggling because I realized that maybe it is RDJ! :) )