Monday, May 7, 2012

For Pages With Papertrey Challenge 8


Hello, everyone!

Today am posting a layout for Leigh's Pages With Papertrey Challenge #8, which is to use ribbon on the page.

Sketch is from PageMaps February 2011.

My initial plan of using ribbon on this layout differed from the end result.

Title:  We Are Young



Can you spot the ribbon? :)
That's what i meant by initial plan vs. end result. Haha! i intended to use lots of ribbon strips for the area under the photos, but ended up using ric racs instead. And there it is - the lone ribbon as flag on the top left circle :)

i used the rock and roll technique for stamping most of the butterflies.  Have colored the chipboard alphas with Copic too.  Have wrapped twine around the big butterfly to give it a "body."

***
i created this page to remember the fun meet-ups with friends i have during our short vacations in Manila.  We always try to have dinner or lunch together to catch up on whatever's happening in each of our lives.  Dinner or lunch times always, always, always are not enough to run out of stories! :)  These ladies, we have been classmates starting Kindergarten or Grade 1 or High School Freshman year.  All those years, we have been building a strong bond and i don't think we realized it then.  We have seen, if not shared, each other's ups and downs, our teenage crushes/heartthrobs, battle of our favorite bands (Spandau Ballet vs. Duran Duran -haha! shows my age!), and lots more things that seem to have been petty at the time but  are now fun memories to reminisce.  i even believe we have each other's birthdays etched in our brain!  And today, these ladies always make time in their (hectic, especially during Christmas time) schedules to host a gathering for us who've been away.  i always allot a day for meeting them whenever i go back home. I just love them and the times spent with them!  Am so grateful to have them as friends!  So, to my friends who might (a long shot, maybe) just be reading this - my BIG HUGS to you!

To my blog readers, do you still keep in touch with your childhood friends? Do you see them often?


Thanks for taking time to visit today.  Very much appreciated!

-Mayol

P.S.  I've another page created for this challenge, but the journalling on that is still yet to be started.  Will post it soon :)


Supply list:  Papers and embellishments are from Studio Calico Brooklyn Flea and Snow Cone kits; stamps - Papertrey Ink, My Mind's Eye; dies - PTI, Sizzix, My Favorite Things; ribbon - PTI; ink - PTI; pushpin - MME; pearls - Paper Craft Museum; adhesives - Helmar, AC This to That, EK Success.

5 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Wow! What an awesome layout. Love all the ric racc. Your stamping on duo surfaces if perfect.

Kim said...

What a beautiful scrapbook page...and your story too, just so sweet. What a real treat that must be to keep in touch with friends from high school. Looks like you were having a great time too. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog too.

Leigh said...

What a fabulous page, Mayol! These are truly the things we want to remember, so it's great that you scrapbooked this! Spandau Ballet.... ha, ha, I haven't thought of them in years!
I especially love the large zig zag (chevron?) die you used... who makes that one?

Joyce said...

What a fun scrapbook page. I love those different ric racks all nestled together.

Deb said...

I love this page!!! The chevron, the ric rac, and I love your little ribbon flag!! So clever.

This page is really special and I am so glad that you are able to stay in touch with your childhood friends. Since I no longer live close to where I grew up, I do not. It does sadden me a bit, but so glad that you are able to stay in touch. A very lovely layout!!